Improve elderly care with the Kepler Night Nurse
The Night Nurse ‘looks’ into live video streams of optical sensors at body language and human activities of clients. During the day, but especially at night, this can provide a significant reduction in work pressure. For example, the Night Nurse can recognize when a client is struggling, or cannot get out of bed, and equally, if a client has remained for a concerning amount of time in the bathroom. If the Night Nurse recognizes these potential problems it sends a notification, enabling care home nurses to avoid unnecessary control rounds. Furthermore, the Night Nurse automatically writes a report of all client activity. This allows care workers to be far more efficient with their time.
- Improves care quality
- More client privacy
- Lower work pressure and higher job satisfaction for nurses
- Reduces surveillance tasks and false alarms
- New functions do not require extra hardware
- Allows remote assessments of abnormal situations
- A scalable, flexible, and cost-effective solution
The ability of Night Nurse to improve care quality and nurse job satisfaction is clear, but the question of client privacy remains. Currently, care workers are needed to check into clients’ bedrooms throughout the night, a task that is disruptive and invades client privacy. Kepler Night Nurse alternatively can provide the same coverage of the wellbeing of clients but simultaneously avoids invading their privacy and disturbing their sleep. The Kepler Night Nurse is completely GDPR compatible and there is no longer any privacy breach in the rooms of the clients.
Night Nurse Messages
The Night Nurse can recognize multiple situations and sends an appropriate message in reference to these. Nurses are then immediately able to know what has happened.
Some examples of these messages are:
- “Client is out of bed longer than 15 minutes”
- “Client is has been longer than 10 minutes in the bathroom”
- “Client sits 2 minutes at the edge of the bed and might
need support getting out of bed”
- “Client is restless”
- “Client leaves the room”
- “Client waves for help”
- “Another person in the room”
- “Client has fallen”
These messages can all be integrated into standard messaging systems. All interfaces are supported.
Night Nurse Features
The Night Nurse is tailored towards the specific needs of care homes. These features ensure that the system can outperform similar existing systems. These features are namely that it:
- Works in all light conditions, day and night
- Works in all rooms
- Is ‘hardware agnostic’, as it is able to work with all cameras: color, infrared, monochrome and fisheye
- Improves safety and wellbeing
- Is possible to integrate with existing communication systems
- Provides a dashboard with real-time insights for all clients